The best time to register for the GRE is now!
If you plan to take the GRE, the choice of date is a crucial event. Remember that it’s never too early to start. If you opt for an early bird registration, you’ll have a wide spectrum of test centres and available dates and time slots to choose from.
The GRE exam dates are allotted strictly adhering to the chronology of application orders. It means that the order depends on who submitted the form first. The earlier you submit your application, the greater the chances for you to get the test date and location of your choice. You can even register 6 months or 1 year in advance.
In case of an emergency, if someone is in a hurry and wishes to take the test within the next month, they should be able to locate a spot. The location may not be easily accessible, but still, the candidate will get the nearest possible location. Then comes the next step to fix the time to take the exam.
Is there a best time of year to register for the GRE?
Candidates interested in attempting the GRE test have endless possibilities. It might be difficult to choose a date, so here are some tips to help you finalise your selection of exam date.
- Make sure you’re aware of the application deadlines for the programmes you’re considering.
- Schedule a test date at least 2 weeks before the application deadline.
- If you have completed your preparation, the best time to take the GRE test is 6 weeks before the application deadline.
There is an option that allows you to retake the GRE test if needed.
- You must wait at least 21 days before retaking the exam.
- Scores are delivered to colleges 10 to 15 days after the GRE test.
Increase your study hours, but still make up a mood to retest, if necessary, without panicking.
When choosing GRE dates, there are a few more things to keep in mind:
- The mental state is important. Are you anxious?
- What’s your deadline to submit the final results? Will there be enough time to take a retest if needed?
- Do you have satisfaction and confidence in your preparation?
When to sign up for GRE?
You may be able to get a head start on studying if you start early. The sooner you register, the better. There will be very few dates for the GRE in the future. For those who want to take the exam months in advance, it’s best to schedule an appointment when you are within 5 points of your desired score on the mock GREs.